PS4 Broadcasting Question

ps4

Not sure if anyone has this issue or not but my PS4 internet broadcast, without fail, always drops out at about 1.5 - 2 hours into the stream. I can’t for the life of me figure out why. When I stream anything on my PC (wireless or wired) I have no problems, but only when I broadcast through the PS4 client itself do I find I run into this issue.

For reference, my PS4 isn’t far from my wireless router. This is the router I use: http://www.actiontec.com/41.html and I am currently running Verizon FiOS through my house. Nothing else is connected to the wireless when streaming (typically), and it holds out with no issues for the first hour to hour and a half with no hiccups, no display issues, nothing.

I think it has something to do with Sony specifically, but I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issues. I’ve tried a number of different things, including changing the resolution (from high, to medium, to low), to seeing if there’s a connectivity issue, but to no avail. The only thing I physically cannot do is hardwire my PS4, but again, I don’t have problems streaming anything else when it’s wireless, and this isn’t an immediate failure; it always cuts out around the same time every time.

Thoughts?

That is strange.
As you know, I only broadcast from the PS4 and I haven’t had this issue (knock on wood.)
I have often streamed for that length of time, too.

Specs: Streaming Medium with a 10/1 internet lol

yeah Pete. i’m not sure. sometimes i go up to 4 or 5 hours streaming from PS4 with no issues(other than the ones from my own internet)but i don’t think its the PS4.

Dammit. I wish I knew what the issue was then. I don’t think it’s the internet as I don’t know many other internet providers that give better internet than FiOS, so I’m completely stumped.

Thank you guys for the input.

Maybe this is the problem?

http://www.pcgamer.com/twitch-suffers-security-breach-resets-all-passwords/

Hey Burger, thanks for the link. :slight_smile: Unfortunately (or fortunately… I can’t decide) this has been happening long before the breach, so I can safely rule that out. :frowning:

Since this breach, however, I have already adjusted and reassigned all of the things I needed to be back up and running. Last nights session was definitely a good bit better, but I’ll have to wait and see if the two are directly correlated.

Thank you again!