PSX 2016 Showcase Megathread

playstation

After watching the PlayStation Experience 2016 Showcase this morning, I thought I would break it down as best as I could with a megathread. I’ve added what notes I jotted down & will try to add more as I come across it.

Anywho, here’s the HYPU!

Uncharted - The Lost Legacy

• Originally a DLC, it’s now going to be an expansion of the story as a stand-alone title set after Uncharted 4.
  • You play as Chloe with Nadine at your side.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

• Coming in 2017

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

• Also announced during this bit - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 available exclusively on PS4 tonight.

Wipeout: Omega Collection

Destiny: The Dawning

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy

Resident Evil 7

• And updated demo is available right now (including a VR experience that is… well… only for the brave)

Ace Combat 7

Akuma in Street Fighter 5

The Last Guardian

PaRappa The Rapper, Patapon & LOCOROCO Remasters

Knack 2

Gravity Rush 2

• Control Raven

Gran Turismo Sport

Ni no Kuni 2

Nier 2: Automata

• Launches March 7, 2017

Nioh

• Launches February 7, 2017

Horizon Zero Dawn

• Launches February 28, 2017

One Last Thing…

When Shawn Layden came back on to the stage to wrap up the showcase, he did the usual thank the crowd, excited about the future…

And said, “one last thing…

The Last of Us Pt. 2

• Ellie has grown up.

More Stuffs

And here a few of the things I missed in my first go-round. Some are new titles, some are indie titles, and some are ports from other devices.

Dreadnaught

• Launching in 2017 - closed beta sign-up available here.
  • Free-to-play, class-based capital ship shoot 'em up.

Windjammers Remastered

MLB The Show 17

• Ken Griffey Jr. all the time. All the time.
  • Will have a “retro mode” to give you the old school feels.

The main post is now a Wiki if anyone wants to contribute more notes and whatnot. Anywho, who’s got the HYPU?

Very hyped! As I’ve stated before, my sister is one of the big writers over a Naughty Dog and TLOU2 has been her baby for a while now. She and Neil are really good friends at this point and the game is looking stellar. I also have a very brief, somewhat cameo in the game in the sense that one of the characters is named after me! :smiley: Definitely picking up a PS4 once I get some more money. Really stoked.

This is so freaking cool!

Hmm…now i must find this “imposter” :joy::joy::joy:

That is really awesome @W1thl0v3

Great post. I’m surprised how much I want to play Ace Combat.

Marvel vs. Capcom all the way! 1 and 2 are favorites when I have my buddies over. Supper stoked that 3 is on PS4 now and Infinite is on its way. I really wish they would take a leaf out of Street Fighter’s book and release on Steam though. Ni No Kuni II? Yasssssss! So far one of two games I’ve gotten my wife to play through to the end, this and Yoshi’s Story on the N64. I liked Ni No Kuni so much I actually still play the Japanese DS version on my phone when I’m in transit or just generally waiting for something. I was hoping that Studio Ghibli would have branched out into a different story all together, but I’ll take what I can get.

This PC Gamer article states it will be on PC.

Edit - That article also states that MvC3 will come to PC in March.

I was considering a move to Xbox actually but PlayStation has been bringing it again.

For something in particular? As someone who has both a PS4 & XB1, I’m still a diehard PS guy.

The cross platform Windows Store had me thinking it was a better platform for a split Console/PC gamer.

Great, so it will be like GTA V. I’ll own it on PS3, PS4, and PC lol.

If you don’t mind the extra sub PS Now is on PC and it will run through Steam.

That’s only PS3 games and I believe that’s streaming isn’t it? Windows Store is doing multi platform buying.

Ah ha, that does trump Now. And yeah, just streaming.

If you’re referring to Xbox Play Anywhere, I wouldn’t base your console merely on that. When Play Anywhere was first announced with ReCore I thought it was a groovy idea. Then the reality comes that it is up to the individual game developer to actually enable it.

That link lists the games which actually support Play Anywhere and it is not very long.

Also adding to what @teh_ninjaneer said, you can also stream your PS4 to your PC and play that way as well using Remote Play. I’ve tried it, and the input lag is actually hardly noticeable. In some instances I didn’t even notice it. I think xbox has something similar with windows 10, but I can’t recommend and Xbox over a PS4 ever. I feel like the console exclusives on both systems are not enough to push anyone in on direction, its the hardware. I stopped playing xbox almost completely after I couldn’t play fallout 4 above what felt like 15 fps on it.

While not PS Now, there is PS4 remote play - http://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

I just wish Overwatch would do like Paragon and let you buy it for one system and play it on the others. Come on Blizzard, if Epic can do it, you can.

Are overwatch profiles/stats cross platform as well?