In honor of Pokemon 20th Anniversary, I will be attempting a nuzlocke challenge on my Omega Ruby save. I have started this type of game in the past but I never played it to completion. Hopefully with a theatrical account of my journey I can finally complete it! For most of the choices, when I can, I will rely on randomness to choose my path. Starting off with choosing my character, and my first Pokemon (thanks @tommy2118)
- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
- The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
- The player must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
- A black out/white out is considered to be “game over”, even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
- Voluntarily resetting and reloading the game is prohibited.
- Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon, for the sake of variety. Limited to three (3) encounters, after which no Pokemon can be caught on that route.
- Shiny/Rare Pokemon can be caught at any time, but they must be stored in the PC and can never be used.
And so it begins…
Our journey begins with a random choice of starter Pokemon. Introducing Tommy the Torchic!
Tommy and I become fast friends, and before you know it we are out on our very own Pokemon adventure!
Our first encounter on route 101 was a Zigzagoon! Tommy made quick work of him, and end the end it agreed to join our team! Welcome, Moho the Zigzagoon (@Mohomohommad).
After a bit of training on route 101, Tommy, Moho, and I move on past Oldale town to route 103! We stumble onto a lonely Poochyena, naturally we fought to to gain a new friend and ally! Travis (@Vocino) the Poochyena joins the party!
Not wasting any time our team rockets off to route 102. There we meet Seedot! Welcome Kevin (@Auth) !
After fighting a trainer as we approached Rustboro, Justin began to evolve!
To be continued…
- Littleroot Town: Torchic (Tommy)
- Route 101: Zigzagoon (Moho)
- Route 103: Poochyena (Travis)
- Route 102: Seedot (Kevin)
- Route 104: Wurmple (Justin)
- Petalburg Woods: Shroomish (McKenzie)
- Granite Cave: Zubat (Drea)
- Route 110: Electrike (Laoria)