Shmup Shack

What the hell is a Shmup?

Shmup is short for Shoot Em Up, it’s mostly meant to describe games where you’re just one ship versus a whole armada, it can be in 2D or 3D, can be Vertical Scrolling or Side Scrolling, ever played R-Type? That’s a Shmup.

Personally the kind of Shmup i’m into is Bullet Hell, that’s where you have to dodge against a seemingly impossible barrage of bullets and boss battles. I just wish I was any good at them but hey, practice makes perfect.

Anyways long story short, this thread is dedicated to Shmups, if you want to know about them, want to ask for recommendations or even want to post your own Shmup experiences, share it here!

Here’s a few examples if you still have no idea what i’m talking about.

Also here’s something I recorded recently on Danmaku Unlimited 2

Always interested in bullet hell we should choose one and have a strats co highscore board

A highscore board for Strats Co is an awesome idea.

In terms of what we could pick, there are a few easily accessible games on steam, all with some kind of scoring system.

eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package (Best name ever, damn hard though)

Danmaku Unlimited 2 (More accessible than eXceed, gets quite challenging)

Ikaruga (Half bullet hell, half color matching puzzle game, I suck at it)

Crimson Clover: World Ignition (Haven’t played it yet, looks insane)

If anyone has other suggestions feel free to pitch in.

I ll check them out we will definitely do something

After some minor fail last weekend when i managed to upload this without sound, it’s now back up and hopefully working yaaaaaay!

Now to give this thread the defibrillator, what are your favorite shmups folks? Come on now, don’t be shy.