Strats and Discord Permission Integration is LIVE!

discord

(Some of you may find it appropriate to jam this while reading the details ;))

#The legends were true!
After many late nights (and a fury of coding the likes of which you haven’t seen since the mid 90’s by @tommy2118, @shane, and @therubymug), we are proud to say that the API’s are getting along quite nicely. What this means for you is we’re now able to integrate your forum trust level to Discord and assign permission based on it.

#But what does that mean?!
It means we’re opening up Discord voice channels. Full Stop.

Now that you’ve recovered your jaw from the floor, let’s talk about how this works. Our crack team of super-programmers have developed an app that grabs all the necessary information and feeds it to a Discord bot to do the dirty work. Here’s a quick step-by-step on what you need to do:

###1: Make sure your Discord and Strats email is the same.
The process relies on you having the same email address for both, so save yourself the effort of starting this until you’ve made sure they’re the same, otherwise it won’t work and you’ll have to fix it anyhow :wink:

###2: Go to http://bridge.strats.co
It should look a bit like this:

Once here, click on the big green Strats button. After possibly having to enter your credentials, things should look like this:

Next, click the Discord button. Again, you may be prompted to enter your credentials. It will also request some permissions so we can make all the automation happiness work correctly. We’re not up to anything untoward with this. The only permission that might seem odd is the “Join servers for you” one, which is to provide a single-solution link that will integrate new users’ forum permissions and plop them in our Discord server :wink:

Assuming everything went well, you should get this screen:

#Congratulations, you did it!

We know folks have been asking for this since the beginning, and we’d like to thank each of you for your varying levels of patience as we sorted through the technical aspect of things to make sure this integration operated at our high standards. The text channels will continue to function for anyone joining the Discord server, but registration on Strats and completion of this linking process will be required to use voice channels. This mirrors our previous policy regarding our Mumble server (which will remain active until 21 August).

Unfortunately, there is no way to allow easy channel creation in Discord without handing out a fair few more permissions than we’d like, so if the need for additional voice channels arises, simply message @Auth here or on Discord and I’ll sort it out as soon as I can.

Thanks again for your understanding as we’ve worked through the particulars on this and for being generally awesome; we’ll see you in game, Strategists :wink:

Strategically,
Auth

A self-referential topic name would've introduced me better, I think
Hello new here looking for bf1 clan ps4
Additional StratsCo bot features
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 8 August 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 9 August 2016 - 1:00am UTC
When should we deprecate mumble?
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 22 August 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 23 August 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Strats Weekly + Giveaway - 29 August 2016 - 9:00pm EDT / 30 August 2016 - 1:00am UTC
Aloha all! Nice to meet you!
Official Battlefield 1 StratsCO Clan | PC
[Ghost Recon: Wildlands] Task Force: StratsCo [PC/PS4]
Greetings Fellow Gamers

You guys are awsome, good job ^^

Discord link in the header, btw. (goes to the #readme channel by default)

slow clap

Well done you all!

Edit 1:
Also I keep getting an error saying that my email is not the same, however it is. I am going to guess this may be cause by me having a different name on here than discord.

Edit 2: tried changing my on discord but still no luck.

Edit 3: here is what I see:

Start over from the beginning by clicking the ‘x’ on both buttons and see if that fixes it. If you began the process before the emails were the same, this is your bonus step for not reading carefully :wink:

If that doesn’t sort it, we’ll have to get someone in the database to take a closer look.

YOU DID A THINg!!!

Hmm. Tried that several times after, but had no luck. Just tried it again (2hrs later) and it worked.

Also psssh who reads instructions man? :stuck_out_tongue: