Strats Forum Dark

completed

Continuing the discussion from User selected light and dark themes:

Out of 21 votes from yesterday, 81% said they would likely use a dark theme if it was selectable. Now it is!

How to

1. Head up to your user avatar in the top right and click the setting cog to open your user preferences:

2. Scroll alllllll the way to the bottom and switch the Theme selector from Light to Dark, then save your changes:

3. There is no step 3.

Bugs and changes

This may introduce some small display bugs here and there. That goes for both the Light and Dark versions since I had to refactor some stuff to make them both switchable (like the logo, for example). If you run into any issues, please submit your #strats:bugs and I’ll take a look.

I also think there’s a lot of room to make both versions better and I’m going to iterate on them a bit going forward. If you have ideas, please post them in #strats:features so others can vote on them and we can prioritize.

Default to Strats Dark
Strats.co Change Log

Thank you for that. Looks really nice and doesn’t strain the hell out of my eyes.
:+1:

Needed some color

Ahhh…my eyes. :slight_smile:

Let me know how it’s working on and if there are tweaks to make. I notice a few, like with highlights in category view not being dark.

There are likely other CSS changes to make.

it only saves to each device?I changed it at home last night and at work it still has the light theme.

Yes, for now it uses a browser cookie rather than checking the user account. I actually use the light version at work during the day and the dark at night when gaming. If this is not common behavior, it might be more impetus to change this.

This is wonderful. I always switch to dark mode on anything I can. Great job!

This is amazing. I was using a custom-made Stylish style before this, but this looks so much nicer. Thank you so much!

@tmad40blue that’s cool! Would love to know if you have any suggestions based on your experience using it in dark mode.

Yeah, actually, one thing - using the theme in Chrome on my phone leaves a big honking white address bar at the top. You can actually set the color of the bar with a <meta> tag inside the <head>:

Good idea @tmad40blue.

<!-- Chrome, Firefox OS and Opera -->
<meta name="theme-color" content="#222222">
<!-- Windows Phone -->
<meta name="msapplication-navbutton-color" content="#222222">
<!-- iOS Safari -->
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="#222222">

oh man, totally forgot about this till I woke up and looked on the site, thank you for this!

Maybe it’s just me, yet on a glance I find it difficult to differentiate between new & read posts with the dark theme. Any chance one of the two font colours could be brighter or darker?

Just a minor issue, but one that would be a nice quality of life add IMO.

I like the Dark theme so far :slight_smile: