Strats MineCraft server

minecraft

StratsCraft PVE server

Quick Note (The server has been up since 7:40pm EST on 2/5/18)

• This is my first time running a multiplayer server, so please be patient though I definitely welcome friendly advice.
  • Along with this, we may need to reset the server if run into issues with my initial setup so you may want to hold off on building the Taj Mahal right away.
  • On that note, will try to have any kinks worked out by end of the first week up.

To get the server address, PM ghosthog with your minecraft username so I can add you to the whitelist. You need to be a member of Strats and have posted an intro.

Getting Started

Teleport Commands

• Added setting for user to have up to 3 homes set, for ease of transportation.
    /homeset ghostshouse sets a homepoint by name
    /home ghoststower will teleport me there if I used the homeset command for ghoststower previously

• /back should teleport you back to last place of death or last place you teleported from…good say if you’re in the nether and do /home but want to get right back to where you left off because you needed to repair your Pick for instance. It shouldn’t put you back in Lava if you died there but close by, unless you died in the middle of a lake of lava, then no guarantees :wink:

• /spawn should teleport you back to spawn area

Performance

• If have a good machine, for better visuals, I recommend downloading/installing the Resource Pack Soartex Fanver - Modded: https://media.forgecdn.net/files/2506/752/Fanver_Modded_Universal.zip (Faithful [32x] is another good pack and lighter)

• If real high end machine, there’s also a shader mod and shader packs that really make Minecraft pop.

• If you have a potato however, you may need to tweak mods and general settings for performance. (Antique Map has a fair amount of performance tweaks)

• You could also try a performance mod like Optifine or BetterFPS (may want one if Soartex affects your performance too much as well).

• If load a resourcepack or in general have stuttering type issues while playing, you most likely need to increase your ram (MC is not optimized well). If using the Twitch app, right-click on the modpack and choose View Profile. Then in upper right corner, click on the … icon and choose Profile Options. Next uncheck Use System Settings and then choose your RAM, minimum I’d suggest is 4096mb, recommend at least 6144mb, while I go with 8190mb.

• If not using Twitch, in the Minecraft launcher you can choose to edit the JVM launch options. You’ll want something like this at the beginning “-Xmx8192m -Xms6144m” to set the max and min ram size. Supposedly having both the same will help stability if still having issues, especially with lower ram settings. (If using Twitch app and edit these MC Launcher settings, they’ll default back to Twitch settings the next time you launch)

• Ask for help if needed.

Rules

• Don’t be a jerk
  • Be friendly
  • Have fun

Claim management

• Creating a new claim: Right click at two points to mark the corners

• Resizing a claim: Right click once in an existing claim to see the markers. Right click on a corner block and then again on a different position to move that corner.

• Cancelling operations: Putting away a golden shovel without completing an operation cancels all actions.

You are limited initially to the size of your claim. Spending time on the server adds to the size of your claimable area(s)

You can add others to permissions to your claim, see the following link:
    https://github.com/MinecraftPortCentral/GriefPrevention/wiki/Trust-System

(In general I don’t think we should need this, but it keeps someone from unwittingly messing with someone else’s stuff)

Help

• If need help getting up and going, post in here and someone will try to help you get situated.
  • If need help with something ingame, contact me, ghosthog1 if on, otherwise send me a pm here on forums or in Discord.

To Do

• Get Discord integration setup for chat
  • Plan some events

Stratscraft server offline, 4:30pm EST

Thanks @ghosthog!

Awesome, looking forward to playing.

Nicely, @ghosthog

yay!
apparently yay! isnt a long enough post
so SUPER YAY!

Server is up and there’s at least one Husk nearby to greet the first daring adventurer.

I’ll be ingame but fairly afk as working on my Desktop PC atm :frowning:

Per @PreshusKitty and @Auth I’ve added a whitelist system to protect the server from outsiders. So PM me your minecraft username to add you. Thanks!

Thanks for setting this up. I was having some trouble getting everything up and running last night. But I finally got it all working. Mostly just install directory stuff on my end. I’m still not sure I have it installed properly but I think it’s working. Twitch was being finicky with where it installed the mods.

So I was able to build a small house and got going before real life kicked in. Looking forward to doing a little more tonight. Huge cave/mine near my house that I’m going to explore.

StratsCraft Pack has been updated to 0.95 adding:
GraveStone Mod (by EuhDawson)
Light Level Overlay Reloaded (by oldjunyi) – This might not be the exact light level mod requested but has the least impact of the 3 mods available. F4 to display the overlay.

Looks like fun but I’m not sure my macbook air can run the modpack without overheating. I will try to download everything and see if it works out.

Also, what is the ip?

thanks again for hosting the server and adding in all the mods we whined about :wink:
<3

This is amazing.

Hey I’m installing Minecraft.

The droplet at Digital Ocean has frozen. Working on it now. Will edit when back up.

StratsCraft is backup. There was something corrupt in the world save though so had to revert to a backup from earlier today. Hopefully those on today didn’t lose too much :frowning:
I’ve also updated how often backups occur.

I’ve also edited main post with the few commands to teleport ingame.

11/10

Would craft mines again.

12/10

Would fall in lava again.

With all the mods, I’ve really fallen in lava with this game… /giphy bad joke

Performance tip:
If load a resourcepack or in general have stuttering or lag type issues while playing, you most likely need to increase your ram. If using the Twitch app, right-click on the modpack and choose View Profile. Then in upper right corner, click on the … icon and choose Profile Options. Next uncheck Use System Settings and then choose your RAM, minimum I’d suggest is 4096mb, recommend at least 6144mb, while I go with 8190mb.

If not using Twitch, in the Minecraft launcher you can choose to edit the JVM launch options. You’ll want something like this at the beginning “-Xmx8192m -Xms6144m” to set the max and min ram size. Supposedly having both the same will help stability if still having issues, especially with lower ram settings. (If using Twitch app and edit these MC Launcher settings, they’ll default back to Twitch settings the next time you launch)

…added this to OP as well

@ghosthog, just a heads up: much of the lag many of us are experiencing is server-side (or sure seems that way), because it’s often hitting us all at the same time, regardless of whether we’re in TX or OR. Something you might look into is reducing the number of chunks loaded around players to 7 from the default of 10 (if it’s not already set as such). This is the view-distance setting in the server.properties file, but depending on what all is running behind the scenes, another mod might have control of the setting (it was a different properties file in our previous Spigot MC server, for sure). It’s especially obvious when we’re all off doing different things nowhere near each other or loading new chunks by exploring, and in my experience adjusting that setting caused huge performance gains across the board without otherwise impacting the players’ experience (most didn’t even notice when I adjusted it other than comment that the lag was way better).

Also also, can you take a look at the spawn rules for the Nether with regards to Tinkers’ please? I spent hours trying to find a Nether slime island to no avail; I’m wondering if it’s disabled or I’m just that unlucky. If it’s disabled for some reason, we might want to regenerate the Nether as I’ve loaded a shitload of chunks already and it won’t be able to spawn anywhere near the Nether portal we’ve got up ATM. I’d rather roll the dice on a fresh spawn than have to walk over 1k blocks in the Nether to start spawning new chunks.