Strats MineCraft server

minecraft

Yep will work on it. I had thought to reduce the range down at the beginning but thought I’d see how it went on the default.

I’ll also look at the nether/tinker settings.

Will stop and restart server at some point between 11am and noon EST.

Edit. Server down until 2pm EST, working on regen of nether atm

Server is back up. Sorry it took a bit.

I’ve changed the chunkload distance to 7 on server. May also want to adjust client options/video settings/Render distance to 7.

I’ve set world to regen nether. Tinkers default was to have magma islands disabled. Hopefully you find them. I’ve seen some reports of bugged instances not spawning them in nether. If thats the case, may have to install World Edit and add manually.

Added setting for user to have up to 3 homes set, for ease of transportation.
"/homeset ghostshouse" sets a homepoint by name
"/home ghoststower" will teleport me there if I used the homeset command for ghoststower previously

Also “/back” should now work correctly for all users to teleport you back to last place of death or last place you teleported from…good say if you’re in the nether and do /home but want to get right back to where you left off because you needed to repair your Pick for instance. It shouldn’t put you back in Lava if you died there but close by, unless you died in the middle of a lake of lava, then no guarantees :wink:
If /back doesn’t work for you, please let me know.

Didn’t post this last week but disabled creepers from trolling to destroy blocks. It will still damage you but won’t wreck your pretty buildings :slight_smile:

Also, will probably update mod pack tomorrow morning sometime for Thaumcraft beta 5 assuming there’s not a lot of issues reported by then (skipping 4 since it had several issues last week). I’ll post confirming this once done.

Hopefully the newer thaumcraft beta fixes some of the things being locked behind stuff that isn’t in yet.

Going to install the Thaumcraft beta 5 tomorrow. Only main issue with it atm is issue turning Cauldron into a Crucible. So if anyone needs some crucibles, do it today. (Probably can turn on creative to grab one real quick if need to later.

Also @Auth if get a chance in next day or two, look for those magma islands in nether. If can’t find, we may need to grab some of those items through creative as well.

I’ll rummage around tonight or tomorrow and see if I can turn anything up. Last adventure I didn’t find any, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t out there somewhere.

After talking with @PreshusKitty today, thinking of restarting the server with some new mods and also updating to 1.12 for better server stability/plugin support.

Would add a few more tech mods like Industrial Craft2, OpenComputers and Thermal Expansion, probably get rid of progressive automations and maybe immersive engineering, swap Astral Sorcery for Thaumcraft (which seems to be in more of an alpha state than beta atm) and maybe add botania. Also swap JourneyMap in place of Antique Maps.

However, if we do this, it means wiping everything done so far, so we want your feedback. Post your thoughts here or talk with us on Discord tonight. Add anyone else to this convo that’s playing who I forgot as well. Thanks!

@Auth @Biggles7268 @Bradum @dontcallmejames @Droul @Philspaz @Zharick

The server is dead. Long live the server.

yo all these mods confusing

I just want to swim in lava, not have to read 100+ page technical handbooks to make 1 thing.

I promise you won’t need to read a manual to go swim in lava, or make a grave in Lava

I’m fine with this.

OK with me…go for it

I’m all for this, IC2 has a lot more fun stuff to do than Immersive Engineering. IE feel kind of shallow.

@ghosthog, that’s all of us

Yes its decided. If want to do anything crazy on old server, do it tonight. I should be able to work on the new one while its up.

New one available tomorrow. Hopefully by noon.
Here’s the planned mod list atm.
JourneyMap (by techbrew)
Chameleon (by jaquadro)
Storage Drawers (by jaquadro)
Mantle (by mDiyo)
ConnectedTexturesMod (by tterrag1098)
Chisel (by tterrag1098)
Tinkers Construct (by mDiyo)
Morpheus (by Quetzi)
Just Enough Items (JEI) (by mezz)
Inventory Tweaks (by Kobata)
Mouse Tweaks (by YaLTeR97)
Redstone Flux (by TeamCoFH)
CoFH Core (by TeamCoFH)
CoFH World (by TeamCoFH)
Thermal Foundation (by TeamCoFH)
CodeChicken Lib 1.8.+ (by covers1624)
Thermal Expansion (by TeamCoFH)
Applied Energistics 2 (by AlgorithmX2)
AppleSkin (by squeek502)
Aroma1997Core (by Aroma1997)
Natura (by mDiyo)
Iron Backpacks (by gr8pefish)
GraveStone Mod (by EuhDawson)
Just Enough Resources (JER) (by Way2muchnoise)
AppleCore (by squeek502)
WanionLib (by WanionCane)
UniDict (by WanionCane)
Industrial Craft (by Player)
Wawla - What Are We Looking At (by darkh4x)
OpenComputers (by SangarWasTaken)
OpenBlocks Elevator (by VsnGamer)
Iron Chests (by progwml6)
Hwyla (by TehNut)
Pam’s HarvestCraft (by MatrexsVigil)
AromaBackup (by Aroma1997)
TATW (by Aroma1997)
StepupFixer (by Aroma1997)
Thermal Dynamics (by TeamCoFH)
BiblioCraft (by JDSinclair)
Astral Sorcery (by HellFirePvP)
Actually Additions (by Ellpeck)
No Recipe Book (by Seneschal_Luwin)
Storage Drawers Extras (by jaquadro)
ActuallyComputers (by canitzp)
OpenComputers Drivers for Tinkers Construct (by BrisingrAerowing)
Light Level Overlay Reloaded (by oldjunyi)