Strats SAGA

A saga is defined as “a long and complicated story with many details,” originally centered around Norwegian or Icelandic heroes. It occurred to me that many of us play a variety of games and are proverbial heroes in these titles; it’s time we start writing the Strats SAGA. I’m starting up an initiative to take some trips down memory lane as well as explore some extracurricular content available in our popular titles on a recurring basis. Here’s how this is going to go down:

Each week on Sunday I’ll announce the title and system we’ll be playing. Some weeks we’ll be on PC, others we’ll be on PS4. Heck, there might even be a 3DS week or two too. I don’t presently own an XB1 or WiiU, nor do I have any immediate plans in the future to acquire them; those systems won’t be getting any love, unfortunately. I may or may not reveal the actual content we’ll be doing (depends on how big of a surprise I’m going for each week) but expect it to be a light-hearted competition. The winner(s) will earn a chapter (post) in the Strats SAGA. Chapters will be posted weekly to announce what game we’re playing and later updated to document the weekly triumphs of our victors. Some weeks might even have additional prizes, so keep an eye out :wink:

In addition to the title and system, the Sunday posts will include the event time. I’m going to try to stick to mid-afternoon Saturday (~1600/1700 EDT start time) to ensure as many people as possible get the chance to participate. The events will likely only last 60-90 minutes. As the weeks go on, I’ll make some adjustments based on community feedback if need be to allow as many people to participate as I can. This might lead to some weeks starting earlier or later based on said feedback, but we’ll play that bit by ear moving forward.

Hit me up here if you have any questions and keep an eye out for this week’s SAGA posting :wink:

Chapter 1 (18 Oct 2014 - Guns of Icarus - PC)
Chapter 2 (25 Oct 2014 - The Last of Us: Remastered - PS4)

Strats SAGA, Chapter 1: Guns of Icarus Online (PC)
Strats SAGA, Chapter 2: The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
Getting more people involved in leading multiplayer gameplay at Strats

This is a really good idea @Auth. Way to keep things fresh and fun with different games! Also, a ;), because you just love to sprinkle them in there.