It’s time for our 5th annual Secret Robot Santa exchange!
Below you should find all the information you need to join in the fun. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment on the thread or PM me directly. Let’s get to it!
- Link remains for convenience
Dates & Guidelines
- Registration starts now!
- Please use your forum name so I know who is who!
- Names will be drawn on December 1st
- Ship your stuff by December 14th
- Don’t sign up if you don’t plan to send something to your match. That is a really shitty thing to do.
- There is no set spending limit as we feel that makes people think they have to meet that limit.
- You don’t have to buy something, you could always make something. It’s the thought and effort that makes people smile when they get something.
Lastly, we will need your real name and a good mailing address if you want to be able to receive physical stuff from Amazon, etc. The coolest stuff we’ve seen in the swag threads has always been physically sent, but we’ve had issues in the past where we got a mailing address but no name and the post office, work mailroom, or Amazon seller kicked the package back. If you don’t feel comfortable giving out your name and a mailing address and would instead prefer to receive a digital gift, you’ll be able to indicate that to me when the PM’s go out after the drawing.
The site we’re using has a wishlist function but it’s kinda useless since we’re not setting/expecting specific price points. Instead, just make one wishlist item that gives the person an idea of the kind of stuff you’re into. It wouldn’t be a terrible idea to include things like your Steam username as well so folks can poke around that wishlist for potential ideas too.
Buying Stuff & Supporting Strats
Remember that if you use our Amazon link or our Humble Bundle Store link in the forum header, it costs you nothing and gives us some pocket change that goes directly toward keeping the servers alive. Amazon is an easy way to ship your gift to someone, and Humble Bundle’s store is an awesome way to get digital game codes for platforms like Steam while also helping out charities!