SWTOR added player housing. Anyone play this?

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/galactic-living-tatooine-homestead-video

Watch the new Galactic Living: Tatooine Homestead video and take in the spectacular dual sunsets of Tatoo I and Tatoo II from your very own Tatooine Homestead! Get a tour of this dual-faction stronghold coming in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Expansion, Galactic Strongholds.

Be a Subscriber by July 15th to become one of the first to move into your luxurious Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with three additional rooms unlocked – Valued at 1,500,000 Credits! Subscriber Early Access begins August 19th.

The only reason this sparked my interest is my love affair with the old pre-NGE Star Wars Galaxies:

The housing was amazing. I know @tommy2118 used to play SWG back in the day too.

Unfortunately, I hear SWTOR just isn’t that great of a game and certainly not the sandboxy world that SWG was. I played SWTOR for a little while. I think I have one max level bounty hunter.

Anyone play it now or have feedback?

I played it for a few months when it first came out. My biggest complaint about it honestly would be the combat, it has that right click to target combat style like WoW had. I just can’t play that kind of game anymore after playing Tera, ESO, and Wildstar. I need more action in my combat.

But aside from that, it is a pretty good game and I enjoyed it while I played, it’s VERY heavy on the story if you like that sort of thing.

Yeah I agree, it’s tough to go back to that. I did really enjoy the story for the most part. Although really it was just the main quest line. The other quests are similar to your standard MMORPG quests of kill x y times.

I played this and went thru 3 raids and then left. When it went free to play i came back and found my bank, gold and characters held hostage unless i subbed. Haven’t thought about going back since then.

Based on the research I have done it is severely handicapped at the FTP level. Even basic settings like in game mail and chat. To be honest I would love to play a Star Wars based MMO again, but it would be hard to justify another sub for a game that has gotten poor reviews and that would be hard to encourage our player base here to get excited about.

How cool would it be to have SWG as it was in the beginning with team Strats. We could have cities and own the crafting markets… memories from a different era.

I want to see another game do crafting as well as SWG

Not sure if anyone here plays WoW but they also got their own player housing sort of in the next expansion. But i believe in WoW the housing also rewards.

I can never go back to WoW for the same reasons as SWTOR, I can’t get in to the right click to target style combat anymore. Not to mention that Blizzard broke my heart too many times buy ruining my favorite classes.

But the 4-5 years I did play WoW were some of my most enjoyable as far as Raiding and competitive PvP.

I tried to like SWTOR, I really did. But it simply just didn’t compare to SWG imo. It certainly is nowhere near the sandbox SWG was. And with the player housing, it’s instanced – which means that if you want to show off your house to your friends, you have to invite them into a group and go in the instance together. No random stranger can come by and be inspired by any ideas that you’ve put into your house simply because when they go to the instance door, they go to their house. It kinda loses it’s fun once you realize that.

That is the polar opposite of SWG.

I wish that would modernize SWG and bring it back.

100% agree. It really was a shame when I read that online. The gif does my feels justice. And also, a SWG II would be awesome! :smile:

This article came out today: Star Wars: The Old Republic continues to stay afloat with over 1M monthly players

Star Wars: The Old Republic continues to draw in players with over 1M users confirmed to log in monthly, EA announced following the game’s appearance during a press event attended by Polygon.

This is a positive sign for the game which, just months after its initial launch in late 2011 saw subscribers drop to under 1 million. The game’s user base had initially risen to 1.3 million at its height, BioWare previously confirmed.

EA announced that the MMO would adopt a free-to-play model by 2012, with the transition taking place in November of that year. Since then, EA’s Frank Gibeau said the game has grown significantly.

“Since it was induced in November, we’ve added more than 1.7 million new players on the free model to the service,” Gibeau said at the time. "And the number of subscriptions has stabilized at just under half a million.

“The really interesting thing that’s happening inside the service right now is monthly average revenue for the game has more than doubled since we introduced the free-to-play option. And as we look forward, we’re going to continually invest in new content for the service and for players every six weeks or so.”

The company previously confirmed the creation of 2 million new accounts following the launch of the massively multiplayer game’s free-to-play option. No new statistics regarding the number of current subscribers for the game is available; However, research firm SuperData notes the BioWare game remains in the top five massively multiplayer releases based on worldwide revenue and is said to be hanging in with $165 million in annual revenue.