Continuing the discussion from Intro Void_Link:
So there’s a new SWTOR expansion pack out today called Fallen Empire.
So… sometime after the Invasion of Ziost, the Eternal Empire of Emperor Valkorion enters into the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, and led by its princes Arcann and Thexan, the Eternal Empire decimates both the Republic and the Sith. Players awake from carbonite five years after the galaxy has fallen to the Eternal Empire, with the Republic and the Sith Empire having all but collapsed, and must gather new and old companions and take the fight to the Eternal Empire as an “Outlander.”
If you’ve played SWTOR, this expansion picks up after the original storyline but from what I can see doesn’t really carry it further—it stands on its own.
Here’s what I can find as far as specific changes:
- Level cap raised from 60 to 65
- New storyline with new voice acting etc along the lines of the previous SWTOR storyline
- New cinematics that are supposed to be really nicely done
- The original storylines have been optimized for each of the original classes. They removed a lot of the grinding parts to max level so you can focus on the story and get to end game.
- option to create a level 60 character!
With the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire, all of the original eight Class stories will be enhanced, allowing for a faster and more engaging playthrough for new and veteran players. Additionally, many of our existing Flashpoints and Operations are being scaled to 60+, giving you many more Elder Game options at Level 65.
Strats Republic or Strats Empire
I’ve always wanted to get back into this game and give it a shot. It’s free and the expansion looks pretty promising for the time-strapped player like myself. I’m going to give it a shot and see where it lands.
If there’s enough interest, maybe we’ll create a guild. Anyone else interested in SWTOR?