The Sonic-Rainboom is complete!

#Behold my poor phone picture skills!
This post is well overdue. I actually got the build settled as shown here on the 6th but hadn’t taken the time to show it off. This is what happens when lots of new hardware releases right around the time your computer dies a horrible death and you decide you deserve to go all out.

##The Build:
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700x
Cooler: COOLERMASTER Masterliquid Pro 240
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 2x16GB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
HHD: Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB x2

I still need to do some work on the RAM speed and timings, but so far I’m more than happy with the performance I’m getting out of this rig.

Of the parts I built with, I happily recommend everything but the cooler (the case, in particular, is my favorite case that I’ve ever built any rig in, bar none). This AIO cooler was originally bought to go into @PreshusKitty’s rig that was built a few weeks back, but despite being “Ryzen compatible,” it did not actually come with the hardware to mount it to the new AM4 socket. Many other coolers said the same thing and didn’t come with the appropriate hardware or required a special part be ordered from the manufacturer; I thought I’d been thorough when picking this one, but I was wrong. Luckily, ASUS did everyone building a Ryzen rig a solid and had a second set of drill holes put into the Crosshair VI Hero motherboard so you could use AM3 coolers as well.

What Anti-virus do you use?

Where is the Rainboom??

The side badge of the 1080 Ti lights up as well. My case isn’t in a great spot right now for photos while running, but I promise it’s pretty :wink:

What was the compelling motive to go with an AMD cpu?

1TB SSD == nice!

I’m concerned with this as well. Mixing AMD and Nvidia seems like a bad idea.

Awesome. Congratulations!

Thats what I was saying.

@Auth you needed the true Rainbox.

Can we get some gaming numbers on that ryzen?!?! This is sleek @Auth curious how it well it’ll serve you.

From the OP (albeit a bit hidden):

RAM is still being a bastard and won’t stay stable above 2666 on the latest BIOS (though 16GB sticks are a pain in the ass to OC, so I’m not really surprised either). I’m letting the CPU clock itself (it’s consistently bumping itself to 3.9, so I’m not putting in the effort to make it run 24/7 at 4.0…yet ;)).

Hella dope buddy!! I’m jealous :tired_face:! Why aren’t the Vega cards out yet?!?!