Today's Bungie Weekly Update

destiny

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=44353

The news here is two more expansions this year, full sequel next 2017. No pictures or art or anything else to generate hype, like they should have done. I just got into my groove of playing other things as well, so…this is ok at best.

Ken

When I read that a few minutes ago, I got the impression that the large Spring update would be some sort of free thing, maybe not a full “expansion”. Mainly some filler PvE stuff to carry people thru summer when the actual paid expansion will release in late summer/fall.

As for not generating hype, there’s been some turmoil at Bungie lately. Probably still sorting things out and that’s why that portion of the announcement is so brief.

I’m trying not to see anything in it more than what it said. Super vague.

Will it arrive in time to stop possibly hemorrhaging caused by The Division is the real matter imo. Everywhere i look, people just are giving up on Destiny. Hopefully the Spring update is a persistent event (raid, story mission, etc) vs another weeklong thing.

Deadstiny…

I think I can honestly say that after experiencing the way Destiny was handled I will not be picking the sequel up until I’ve got some voices I trust vouching for it.

Two things about that update that worry me:

That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

See that word at the end? Replayability? Isn’t that what we’re doing now if we’re still playing the game? While it does suggest new PvE challenges, it concerns me that they might think raising the light level and adding a harder mode could be sufficient.

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring.

And as one of my fellow DoDers pointed out, what if it was Spring in the Southern Hemisphere? I know, I jest… :wink:

I wonder how much of the spring update will be recycling the old strikes, raids, exotics, and poe that they never brought up to TTK. Also super glad I didn’t spend a ton of time grinding above 310. I’ll probably come back for a little but just feel less and less motivated to do so. Being away from the game for a while has given me a little clarity in some of the major flaws in the game

In my opinion, I don’t think that they will be recycling old content, while it would be awesome to run the old raids and get useful gear out of it. doing that would be counterproductive to me. new gear could mean the exotics we still haven’t seen yet. but they did say that the vendor weapons and armor would be changing(yay!/?) higher light level could be anywhere from 10 to 30 in my opinion. But the important thing to take from this is that they have given us the “road map” that we wanted so we know what to expect from them. I see this in a positive and have also heard good things about their new CEO.