Toxikk: Early Access Hype

##TOXIKK,

Is an arena shooter built to bring you right back to the 90’s. Remember Quake and Unreal Tournament? Toxikk is supposed to be just as fast paced and vivid as any of your favorite classics.

About Toxikk’s World
Upon the peak of the global energy crisis in the late 21st century, the exploited and polluted world is no longer run by governments. Mega corporations and cartels replaced the bankrupt regimes and turned politicians into puppets to protect their economic interests.

The ongoing cartel wars revealed EXOCOM and DRAYOS to be the two most powerful syndicates in this new world order. Both factions hired armies of mercenaries to openly fight for control over Earth’s remaining natural resources and a newly discovered, highly energetic element, named EDENIUM (En), commonly referred to as EDEN or EDEN ENERGY

This is an Early Access Game

Now that’s out of the way, the game looks great, plays like advertised, and runs smoothly.

What it Features

• Plays, as if today’s military shooters never existed. It is designed as a successor to the fast paced FPS giants of the late 90s and early 2ks, carefully evolving their core concept with a fresh setting, new weapons and many ideas that were elaborated in co-operation with Arena-FPS enthusiasts. There is no levelling, no skill-trees, no perks, no cover systems, no classes, no configurable weapons, no reload and no iron sight aiming.

• Nine different weapons that can be carried around simultaneously. You start with your melee weapon (IMPACTOR) and your basic pistol (RAVEN) with unlimited ammo. All other weapons and ammo are to be picked up in the map.

• Two different kinds of maps: CLASSIC MAPS and MASSIVE MAPS. Classic Maps offer fast-paced gameplay in small to medium-sized maps for up to 8 players. These maps do not feature any vehicles, but are based on man-to-man or squad-based combat, while Massive Maps feature more strategic gameplay in bigger environments for up to 16 players. Vehicular Combat is exclusively available in Massive Maps.

Here’s the down side.
Like so many games I pitch, the servers are empty. I mean like, 8 avg players over a month long period, empty.

But, here’s the thing. Being the gaming community that we are, empty servers are a joke to us. We will take them and rule with our own, over any other who dares entry.

I will be picking this up because it’s on sale at Steam today for $12.72. I hope you guyses will join me in some arena shooting glory!!!