Twitch Unauthorized Access

This is from the official blog:

We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some Twitch user account information.

For your protection, we have expired passwords and stream keys and have disconnected accounts from Twitter and YouTube. As a result, you will be prompted to create a new password the next time you attempt to log into your Twitch account.

We also recommend that you change your password at any website where you use the same or a similar password. We will communicate directly with affected users with additional details.

Sincerely,
Twitch Staff

Is anyone else tired of changing their passwords every month?

Eh this is the first time for me, and honestly I like their approach. While it may be bothersome it’s the right thing to do

This is the world we live in unfortunately, it’s only going to get worse. Like Drizz said though, as annoying as it is, especially for streamers who have to re-set up everything, I would rather them be safe and blanket everything.

I’m glad I set up a separate gmail account for Twitch streaming/uploading though

I should note that I’m speaking in generalities, not twitch specifically. Some company every month does something wrong that requires me to change my password.

I do agree Dynamible. Some companies do not take online security as serious as they should. Sony, Target, Home Depot are a few I can think of off the top of my head, Sony especially. It’s like those guys never freakin’ learn.

Twitch I believe tries hard considering most of their assets are online. But I could be giving them too much credit.

Yeah I understand, but I actually change my passwords about every 3 months anyways, something I have to do with my military stuff so I just carry it over to all my other stuff… but I agree alot of these companies need to start taking cyber security more seriously

I have read that this possibly took place ~3 weeks ago.

If so, that’s an extremely unacceptable timeline for letting people know.

Edit - My email says March 3rd.

I actually just heard that too. That is VERY unacceptable for them to take this long.

Well seeing as things happening IRL lately have prevented me from even attempting to stream, I finally got around to changing all my stuff on Twitch this morning.

I didn’t even receive an email or anything. I only heard it through you fine folks. :smile:

Maybe you didn’t get an email because you didn’t actually log in on Mar 3rd.