Update Day!

ps4
destiny

Hello all! I thought we could use a place to discuss today’s update. How many engrams did you all save? Have you got anything good from strikes yet? Does your auto rifle suck now? Do you like the cryptark?

I actually I don’t think the update has dropped yet, so don’t go cashing in your packages yet.

I think I have 4 engrams to break down. In fact, I’m going to do that before I go to the office today.

EDIT:

No update? Is your PS4 on standby mode? It may have updated automatically last night. Check your downloads log.

I’ve been checking reddit and no one has said the update has dropped. They’re also moving all Ascendant material from Rare to Legendary and all my ascendant shards and energy’s are still listing as Rare in game for me.

No update for me yet…but damn I’m excited.

Ah ok, I guess I’ll have to wait until this evening.

I’m about to hit another level with the cryptarch which is nice! Waiting for the patch to go live!

For the past 2 weeks the servers have went down around midday for updating, I do believe.

I just want some gear!

Engrams obtained prior to the patch will not be affected by the changes.

Correct, but if you don’t collect your Cryptarch packages until after the patch, those engrams are dropped after :smile:

@vocino doubts that. We were taking about it yesterday. We’ll see what happens.

It’s part of their patch notes:

Item Changes
Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…

http://www.bungie.net/7_102-Patch-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12202

@vocino ! They found a way around coding each item! There goes that legendary helm engram :disappointed_relieved:

Ah, I guess I was wrong. Oh well. Back to the grind tonight heh.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to jump in real quick and decode what I had. Rolled a legendary cape and a few Motes of Light. Better then automatic blues I guess. I do have a package from the Cryptarch sitting in my inbox, fingers crossed.

Yeah, I’m at school and will lose out on a legendary special weapon, but I’ve had really shit luck with them of late, so it would likely have been blue anyway.

And that’s the one that would become an Exotic. Forever lost. lol

Meh, I wouldn’t use an exotic special anyhow. Galifianakis rocket launcher for Crucible and exotic primary for PVE.

Hoof Bump. :smirk: