Visceral Star Wars RPG: News and Hype Thread

starwars
visceral
electronicarts

A place where we can get hyped about the upcoming Star Wars RPG.

Visceral’s Star Wars Game is ‘Groundbreaking’

Please be good!

I mean, it’s probably being built off of the old Star Wars 1313 stuff, which has been in development for a fair bit; hopefully it’s good.

This is the most important release of my adult life.

Is it? That was LucasArts and a long time ago at this point.

The project will be released in 2018. The currently untitled project will feature an independent story from any previous or upcoming Star Wars films, and will run on the Frostbite 3 engine. On April 3, 2014, it was confirmed that Amy Hennig joined the project as creative director.

2018 :cry:

Plot

The game will take place between the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, with at least part of it taking place in Mos Eisley. The game’s plot will focus on more than one core character, and the plot will primarily focus on new characters.

Development

On May 6, 2013, the game was confirmed to be in production when Electronic Arts (parent company of Visceral Games) and The Walt Disney Company signed an agreement allowing Electronic Arts and its subsidiaries to create Star Wars games under a new license. The project will be released in 2018.

The currently untitled project will feature an independent story from any previous or upcoming Star Wars films, and will run on the Frostbite 3 engine.

On April 3, 2014, it was confirmed that Amy Hennig joined the project as creative director. Later that month, it was revealed that Todd Stashwick would write the game’s storyline with Hennig. The two have previously worked together on games in the Uncharted series. In June 2014, Scott Warner joined the project as game director. In July 2015, Jade Raymond announced her new EA subsidiary Motive Studios would be working on the game alongside the developers at Visceral Games.

So is this the “Han Solo” game we’re seeing all over the place or a different one? That 1313 trailer looked pretty decent for 2013.

I haven’t seen anything about a “Han Solo Game”.

Maybe you’re thinking of the next Star Wars side movie (like Rogue One). That one is about Han Solo.

http://www.gamesradar.com/everything-we-know-about-viscerals-star-wars-game/

Essentially the same thing along the lines of the thread, but typically the recent headlines have included “The Han Solo game”

Interesting. That it’s a Han Solo game is news to me. Most of what I’ve read previously has said it didn’t focus on any primary characters.

Yeah. This is the first I’m hearing about it as well.

Sounds like speculation based on very little to me. I don’t think the mere fact that it comes out the same year as the Han Solo movie means it will be a Han Solo game… And I can’t find any trace of these “hints” by Visceral on social media.

Then again, this could just be me REALLY hoping it’s not a Han Solo game…

I agree. I’m really hoping this is not a situation of Disney execs coming down with “Hey, this will go well with the Han Solo movie, let’s pivot this game.”

I agree with both of you in hopes that it’s not a Han Solo game. Do we know anything about this game and what it will be based upon aside from the aforementioned timeline?

Not really. It’s been really secretive. As @Auth mentioned there may be some materials or story that come from the old Star Wars 1313 project. That’s about it.

I was just over at a friend’s house and he had Skyrim going. A very old character that he’s been playing forever. I was thinking how awesome it would be to have that level of endlessness in a Star Wars universe.

Not sure we’ll get anywhere near that.

Also:

Henning confirmed the game will be an “original story” as opposed to simply being an adaptation of one of the films. More importantly, she says the game will have multiple playable characters and follow multiple protagonists because that’s a key part of it feeling like a Star Wars title:

“The side characters in Indiana Jones, and those types of films, are just that…they’re kind of along for the ride. But if you think about that compared to Han and Leia and the other characters in Rebels and the other characters in Rogue One, you can see that they’re all ensemble stories. And so if our game wasn’t an ensemble game and we weren’t telling an ensemble story then it wouldn’t pass the litmus test of going, ‘does this feel like Star Wars?’”

So you’ll be playing co-protagonists.