Warrior DPS Leveling Build

wildstar
pc

My Warrior’s name was Ruphio, one man guild leader of “the lost boys.” I was a pink power ranger look-a-like if you saw me in game.  My goal and focus is to share my experience from CBT/OB as a leveling PvE focused warrior.  A good end game guide also to reference is made by Shunn, peep out his guide here (Link).  This guide will focus only on (Assault) Leveling via PvE.  This is a re-edit of my WARRIOR LEVELING (1-25) WIP BETA GUIDE (Link).  I decided to make a new thread so I cleaned up the old guide a bit; broke it down by level, abilities gained AMP selection and basic rotation.

The Basics
THE WARRIOR
Role: Melee DPS, Tank
Path: Pick your style of play.  I liked to hack and slash so I chose soldier. 
Equipment: Power Sword
Armor Weight: Heavy Armor
Ability Resources: Kinetic Energy, Built by abilities such as Relentless Strikes and required for powerful abilities such as Rampage. Starts empty and decays over time.
Primary Attribute: Brutality (DPS)
Priority for DPS Stats: Brutality, Finesse, Moxie

The Core 
Assault and Utility. In my opinion, I believe you will always have these skills on your bar, the other three skills will determine your play style and situation. 
Assault:
Relentless Strikes (RS) – First skill learned.  Spam away, your main builder
Rampage- Learned at level 2; this is your bread and butter (or margarine if you are vegan)
Breaching Strikes (BS) – Learned at level 21, this is the jam on your bread and butter when you crit!
Utility:
Kick- Learned at Level 3; used to interrupt and as your Main Movement of Opportunity (MoO) initiator
Grapple- Learned at level 13; used to interrupt and gather ranged mobs into your cone of death

The warrior can seem very spammy but you need to take advantage of your Movements of Opportunities (MoO).  A MoO is when an opponent is casting and you interrupt them.  Using kick and grapple will create your MoO.  You know when you created a MoO when you see flying purple colored numbers.  Remember…You don’t always have to wait for a MoO.

The Rotation:
Relentless Strike (build up your KE) once you see a MoO -> Kick-interrupt -> Smack down -> Rampage x4 -> Rip Saw.

Levels 6-20- Using savage strikes, Relentless Strike (build up your KE) once you see a MoO -> Kick-interrupt -> Smackdown -> Savage Strikes -> Power Strike x4 -> Rip Saw.

Levels 21+ Now, with the same basic rotation combo, you’ll see some yellow numbers flying somewhere, that’s a critical hit, now you can use your Breaching Strikes.
Relentless Strike (build up your KE) once you see a MoO or Crit  -> Kick-interrupt -> Smackdown -> Breaching strikes- > Rampage x4 -> Rip Saw.

Once you crit with one of your abilities, you have a short window to unleash hell.  You can use Breaching Strikes anytime after you crit but you get more benefit when used with a MoO.

When it comes to Rip Saw, I sometimes use it freely when spamming my RS-KE builder.  DoTs can win you a fight when you have to kite a few mobs waiting on a CD

Some people don’t like grapple but I use it for the interrupt and when I’m just questing to gather ranged mobs! It comes in handy also because you can remove 2 interrupt armors as the DPS.

Again this fit my play style, this may not fit yours.  I always try to fight 2 minimum, but 3-4+, as many mobs as possible.  You will see later levels that once you start criting your TTK comes down a lot.  Again, try a solo mob first and then work your way to more mobs.  More mobs leads to more MoOs and more chances to crit which can get you shorter TTKs.

Now for the meat and potatoes (beans and rice if you’re vegan) As a Warrior I recommend going into the Northern Wilds/ Crimson Isle for one reason, the Radiate AMP.  If not no problem, you can get it later.

The AMPS and Abilities
Level 3-10 Northern Wilds-Algoroc (Exile) Crimson Isle-Deradune (Dominion):
Spend your first six AMP points on Assault Power I-III and then Critical hit I-III.
Your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link)

Level 11-14 Algoroc (Exile), Deradune (Dominion):
Save your next four AMP points for your first Tier 2 AMP.  You’ll encounter your first AMP quest.   Make sure you pick up Power Hitter as the AMP reward.  Spend the four AMP points into Power Hitter or Radiate.  I am a fan of the Radiate AMP since we are low Critical Hite Rate around 10-11%.  You’ll benefit a little more since you’ll be spamming RS.  Once you hit level 13 drop Leap and add grapple to your ability bar.  In the end, your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link)

Level 15-21 Galeras (Exile), Auroria(Dominion):
Once you hit level 15, add Smackdown to your bar.  Your next four AMP points will be placed into Radiate or Power Hitter based on your previous selection.  Your next 3 AMP points will now be placed in Cooldowns I-III.  You should be level 18 now. Your next three AMP points will be into Lifesteal I-III.  This will help you on your survivability.  You’ll be level 22 when you finished it out.  Very important, once you hit 21; replace Savage Strikes with Breaching Strikes.  In the end, your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link)

Level 22-28 Whitevale:
By level 25 this is where it gets nice.  You can now Tier4 your abilities.  I would place points into your two main skills; Relentless Strikes and Rampage.   In the end, your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link).  Keep placing ability points where you could for now.
If you want powerlink, and you do… your next eight AMP points will be into two Tier 2 Utility AMPS based on what you can get.  Bust out and shock absorber AMPS are the only two amps that you can get via rep from Celestion or Algoroc (Exile) Deradune or Ellevar (Dominion).  Speed burst is a PvP AMP which you can buy from a vendor in Thyad/Illium.  Unyielding and Kinetic Drive are world drops and if you can get these, place your AMP points into these.  But once you have your two Tier 2 AMPs selected, save up your next two AMP points for Powerlink.

Level 29-35 Farside:
You’ll hit level 30 and you’ll open up your last ability slot.  Minus your Core, feel free to run whatever three abilities that make it fun and fit the situation.  I’ll stick with leap, Powerlink (can select once level 33) and smackdown.  Once you hit level 33, you should now have the AMP points to select Powerlink.   Before you leave Farside, make sure you get the Armor shred amp.  Save up your AMP points for you next AMP which will be a tier 3, Six point AMP. In the end, your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link).

Level 35-42 Wilderrun
While in wilderrun, make sure purchase Detonate and Kinetic Fury AMPs from the vendor.  Once you hit level 40, you now can place the points you saved for Kinetic Fury if the AMP is available.  You can specinto Detonate and remove Radiate, but save your gold, the dps is pretty similar between the the two AMPS.  In the end, your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link).

Level 40-48 Malgrave, Southern Grimvault, and Western Grimvault:
Save up your AMP points for you next AMP which will be Armor Shred.  You’ll be able to use this once you hit level 46.  It’s a nice AMP as it reduces resistances and stacks with Smackdown.  You can even remove smackdown from your bar if you want to run a different ability.  You have now hit level 45 and your opening for Tier 8 abilities.  Again, I would place points into your two main skills; Relentless Strikes and Rampage.  Place your remaining Ability points into breaching strikes.  At level 48, you will then be able to select Breaching Strikes tier 4.  You can also place you last point into tier 5 BS, or anywhere you want. In the end, your abilities and AMPs should be looking like this (Link).

Well, that pretty much sums up the AMPs and ability points.   Again, stick to the core abilities above and put whatever abilities on your bar that will help your situation and make it fun.  Besides the core, I just put what I think is helpful.  You don’t have to follow.  That is the beauty of the LAS.  Once you hit 50, you can respect your AMP points into a better build.  Reference Shunn’s guide here (Link)

I’m always open to opinions.  I’ve tried to cover as much as I can.  I tried to keep it basic.  This may be clear as mud, but it’s a start.  I’m still 50/50 if rolling a warrior but again, my goal was to share my experience and knowledge to those who want to wield the power sword and put a smackdown on fools.  I’ll try to keep this updated once changes roll out.  Good luck on your adventure and the quest for 50!