Watch Overwatch League, Get League Tokens

overwatch

Overwatch League viewers, start your streams. As of today, fans who watch Overwatch League matches can earn League Tokens, which can be collected and redeemed for Overwatch League in-game items.

To earn one (1) League Token per map win, start by logging in to your Blizzard Battle.net account and linking it with your account on Twitch.tv, MLG.com, or overwatchleague.com.** Each time a map concludes during a live broadcast, eligible viewers will earn a League Token. Also, a percentage of lucky fans viewing the live broadcast when a match ends will be awarded 100 League Tokens, enough for a home-team skin of their choice!***

The viewership rewards program will run throughout Overwatch League’s inaugural season. Tune in and start earning rewards!

Here are instructions for participation:

Please note, to redeem League Tokens for in-game items, viewers must have a valid Overwatch game license. Xbox One® and PlayStation®4 system players must have their Xbox Live or PlayStation®Network account linked to their Battle.net account. Follow these steps to do so.

Twitch.tv viewers:

1. Create or log in to your Blizzard Battle.net account.
  2. Link your Twitch account to your Battle.net account.
  3. Be watching live when a team wins a map!

Overwatchleague.com viewers:

1. Create or log in to your Blizzard account on www.overwatchleague.com.
  2. Be watching live when a team wins a map!

Happy viewing!

About damn time they pushed this live.

Damn, 100 maps to get one basic recolor skin? Seems a little stingy.

They want people watching and/or buying them, so I’m not surprised. 100 maps is a touch rough, but considering it’s minimum 12 maps/night you can earn a fair few if you just leave Twitch running (accounting for periodic Map 5’s, that’s a skin every 2 weeks). It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes someone from Strats to catch the free 100.

Seems very similar to Bitcoin mining. Just need to calculate how much a token is worth against the electricity and broadband data cap I’d have to expend to obtain them. Will better LAN cards help increase my return rate?

Unless I score 100 tokens randomly, it won’t be me to get the Strats first. Didn’t realize of the extra step for Canadians until after Day 2. :cry:

somehow i have over 200. i think you get 100 for linking your battle.net account to twitch. not sure how i have 207.

You may have been part of “a percentage of lucky fans viewing the live broadcast when a match ends [that are] awarded 100 League Tokens”; out of curiosity, I went to check mine, and I got a bonus 100 tonight too!

My biggest gripe is my supported team does not have the coolest skins. NY skins = :sleeping:. Seoul or Houston = :grin:

Yeah, not all skins are created equal (unfortunately), but I’m so happy Houston has some of the best. NYE aren’t too bad, though. At least they aren’t Philly; those lot look like they’re 24/7 ready for Halloween and are probably my least-favorite skins (Florida is a close second).