Weekly Promotion Megathread (16 October)

Wiki Section

Please upvote and promote the following link for Strats:

To edit this wiki post and add your link, click the small green button in the top-right of the OP.

What kind of things should we be linking?

There are several ways for us to spread the good word of Strats far and wide across the internet, not the least of which are our weekly recruitment posts from the various Franchises and other games/guilds/clans. Having all these posted in the OP will only make things easier as we continue to expand to more and more games, but that’s not the only viable content (by any stretch) that you awesome folks provide.

If you make a great thread on an official game forum, drop some knowledge in a reddit comment, or link a post you wrote up on our forums somewhere on the Internet, let us know! The more we spread and support our ideals and ideas, the better and broader our user base becomes; we can’t reach people if we aren’t reaching out. The content is being created (lots of it, and it’s solid) all we need to do is be good stewards of what we make and stand behind it :wink:

Loved that Disney ride when I was a kid xD

Added our Strats: Forum page on ProductHunt.

Added Star Citizen recruitment post on reddit.

Added ARK for up vote.

upvoted all of them!

You would think the Star Citizen subreddit would spell organization correctly.

I didn’t know we were recruiting for Ark. I can get some stuff up.

Should we not be? I figured we should have a post up for most stuff in Guilds & Clans.

I think since the game is not well optimized and the potentiality for trolling is real the way we have the server set up, we’ve not been advertising it on purpose.

That decision should be made at the Strats Forum level after an individual has joined, introduced themselves, and applied. Then it’s up to the owners of the server.

Holding as asset back from marketability doesn’t seem like the right approach to me.

Risk of troll notwithstanding, the server legitimately is near its cap population; as it is we all play through server lag spikes; we can’t handle many more people unless the owner drops the bones to upgrade it.

The ARK server upgrade discussion thread

I guess that is a good way to know if something needs some attention from Strats leadership. If a user has set up a server for a game and it is so popular that the server is maxed out, maybe we should take a look at next steps. I agree that we should not stop marketing it. Lets look at growth options.