What are some must-have nerd movies to have in your collection?

I recently refreshed my movie collection and organization project thanks to @JakeBilbrey getting me into Plex. I have 4TB of data to fill with beautiful 1080p video and I’ve added a bunch of movies to the collection already.

So my question to you all is what are some staples of a collection that absolutely have to be there? Don’t assume I already have them (although I might). Then I will go acquire the DVD at full price from a reputable store and rip it using legal tools while saving the physical DVD with the receipt in the box forever.

So not nerd movies, but 2 of my favories are Pulp Fiction and The Breakfast Club.

Great idea! Also Reservoir Dogs has to be there.

Bladerunner, Alien (and Aliens), Ghostbusters.

2001: A Space Odyssey

Spaceballs, Dune, Predator, Total Recall, Back to the Future

Super Troopers, right meow.

Lord of the rings, Star Wars (obvious choices)

The BluRay of Legend is gobsmackingly beautiful.

Batman

Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Terminator

Any video game related movie.

DOOM. Street Fighter. Mortal Kombat. Tomb Raider. Super Mario Bros. TRON (and Legacy). WarGames, even. The Wizard?

The true classics.

Edit - Special shout-out for The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.

I sat here for 10 minutes trying to come up with a response to this. I cannot. What you are reading is all I can get out. I need to go lay down now, you broke me. Also, related to Street Fighter Movie.

Breaking you is my job.

And I was expecting that clip to be the scene where JCVD flexes and shows off the flag.

Oh man The Wizard! I must have that.

Sure, lol.

If you are going the buy then rip might want to go amazon cloud instead. Same end result.

You would even be supporting strats by buying FROM amazon!

Edit: mmm mobile posting and auto correct.

Not really a nerd movie but:
Blazing saddles

The Last Starfighter, Hackers, Gamera 2*, everything Studio Ghibli, Volcano High, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, more to come when I have more brain-power :wink:

*only if you can find a copy with the FULL Lake Texarcana audio track. The bluray claims to have it but it’s only about 20 minutes of it; the original can be tricky to find. They redid all the dialogue except the female lead; pure, dumb gold :wink:

Edit:
Howard the Duck

I almost forgot Flight of the Navigator and Big Trouble in Little China!

Apocalypse now…The Matrix…all Indiana Jones movies…Rio Bravo and El Dorado (both John Wayne movies)