What happens when Warhammer meets Left4Dead?

You get Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Just learned about this game today and I’m currently watching some beta streams on Twitch. It looks like a good combination of Left4Dead with Warhammer classes as the survivors and Skaven as the zombies.

Five characters to choose from - Witch hunter, bright wizard, “dwarf ranger” (thought it was an ironbreaker when I saw it), waywatcher, and empire soldier (knight of the blazing sun?).

Game releases on October 23. Pick it up on Steam! Currently 10% discount until release for a price of $26.99.

Warhammer: Vermintide (4 player coop)
Warhammer: Vermintide (4 player coop)

@Auth @Wheatums and I spoke to some of the developers at TwitchCon. Looked very cool.

I was checking this game out the other day and decided to buy it when it comes out.

I think this might be a purchase for myself as well. The Skaven are almost an exact copy of the L4D zombies but maybe the world needs another L4D right now.

Anyone else been watching out for Warhammer: Verminitide? The first time I saw/heard of it I thought it sounded exactly like Left 4 Dead mixed with the Warhammer universe. After seeing gameplay it does look exactly like that, but it also seems to have a lot of unique aspects, like a proper melee system with blocking, a RPG system with leveling and loot, and the enemies behave significantly different than zombies.

It is completely co-op, no singleplayer or versus modes, and I’m a bit excited for it. I’m a not a fan of the developer, Fatshark, but everything I’m seeing for it looks pretty good. I have access to their next closed beta test October 5th-7th, so hopefully I’ll get to try it a bit then. Here is a video by Totalbiscuit from last week that shows off the game pretty well:

Thanks for moving the post! I did not see you guys already talking about this.

I’m actually kind of excited to go out and stomp some Skaven heads; they’re my favorite team in Blood Bowl, but I’ll still sleep at night, I suspect :wink:

I have a beta key… I need to use it…

It doesn’t start until the 5th or 6th I think (but it only runs for a few days), so you have a bit of time.

So I just purchased the game today and I cannot wait to jump back into a “L4D” game. Might be something I can play with viewers/friends/ or just do something in general when I have nothing else to co-op play at the time.