What music service do you use?

My Apple Music trial is almost up. I can’t decide if I should continue or go back to Spotify. I also used Rdio for a while but I don’t think they have the market share to continue much longer.

I really enjoyed Apple Music. Very strong service but a couple UI things I prefer at Spotify.

Any thoughts? What do you use? Why?

1 Like

I use Pandora. It’s the same that my wife uses, and we have it on both phones and our TV. It meets my needs. I’m not really picky, nor have I really looked into anything else. We also have Amazon and I use the evil iTunes for my little iPod I use at the gym.

2 Likes

<poof>
I’m sticking with Apple Music for now. I liked Spotify’s UI a little bit more like you did, but I really like having the service directly tied into my devices’ OSes. It just makes things cleaner overall. I think some of the “for you” playlists are great and I’ve been noticing that i’m actually discovering more music this way. since signing up for the trial, it seems that I’ve found new music and new albums from older bands much easier than I did with Spotify.

</poof>

2 Likes

I guess it depends on your ecosystem, but for me I use Google Music. That is if you are up for paying for the service. My second choice would be Spotify.

1 Like

Woah @dontcallmejames sighting!

Yeah the “for you” screen is my favorite part. That’s all I listen to. It has gotten pretty good now that I’ve favorited and added a bunch of music.

1 Like

Spotify is my favorite. For my more obscure stuff I use soundcloud.

Google music. I like it because it works everywhere. My work PC, my desktop, my Android phone, my iPhone, and Chromecast support.

Edit: Plus the roll in of songza playlists.

I think streaming is great if only because it can be free of ecosystem constraint. Google music and Spotify fit that easily, Apple Music not as much.

I actually buy everything on itunes then download it to my ipod for car use.

Avast, thar all ye pirates! I plunder all me music from th’ interwebs! Torrents forever!!! :smiley:

For realz though I use pandora on my phone and when I want a mix playlist. Otherwise I just download what I like for CD’s and such cuz my car doesn’t have USB :frowning:

Not sure if you heard about all the Spotify privacy stuff, but you may want to look into it if you’re concerned about that at all.

I use Pandora; good variety, easy way to mix up stations, and it’s free. Ads aren’t even a huge deal.

Good on you for being able to tolerate ads. If I’m listening and in the zone of some sweet music, like Alt J or something really moving, ads completely throw me off my funk. Especially if I’m drawing or something.

1 Like

When you live broke for most of your life you learn to tolerate the little things to save a buck.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat deciding if I want to stay with Apple music or switch back to my old setup of Spotify for specific music I want, and Pandora for its streams which seem to stay closer to my tastes than Spotify’s radio mode but still gives me some new stuff I haven’t heard before.
I’m a little resistant to locking even more into Apple but its very convenient to keep all my music accessible from all my devices plus get new streaming content.

Spotify all the way…Collab playlists are key for my friends and I.

1 Like

Spotify as there are people who actually make twitch music to stream which is legal and licensed and makes my past broadcast clean without mutes :smile:

Twitch maintains a SoundCloud playlist with all of their licensed music.

1 Like

I used to use soundcloud but apparently some music I have played on the playlist is actually not licensed (According to my past broadcasts with soundcloud anyways)

If it’s music from their playlist, I would absolutely dispute it. I mean it’s on them to properly curate that list if they’ve presented it as an official playlist of accepted audio.

Then I shall dispute it and finally have highlights :smiley:

1 Like

I use Google Music. Living in Canada my options are limited, but it works great.

1 Like