What're you jamming right now?

Finally got home for the day; putting one of my go-to jams on:

2 Likes

I found out about them through another favorite band called Say Anything back when TFB opened for them. They are so awesome.

0 Likes

Say Anything :heart:

Alive With the Glory of Love was my favorite song for the longest time. Max Bemis is the man! (at least he was In Defense of the Genre and earlier).

2 Likes

Getting hyped for some afternoon gaming with a Swiss band my friend hipped me to back when they just had a website to download their MP3’s and no record label. Their music is heavily inspired/influenced by video game music. This is the original recording of “Attack Music” released free on their website before it was redone and found its way onto a subsequent studio album.

0 Likes

Oh, man. @vocino, you’re listening to my kind of music. I still have all of the Stuck Mojo CDs from back when I was on the street team for Century Media and Nuclear Blast. Got so many great albums for free as a result of it.

My current go-to album is the latest by Caligula’s Horse. When I heard the harmonies in the first track I got goosebumps, and the second track is where I wish Opeth would return to.

First (title) track, Bloom:

Second track, Marigold:

3 Likes

Yes! He is so amazing. He also does a great live show. Great stage presence. However he suffers from, apparently, crippling social anxiety so rarely meets fans. He’s settled down a lot now that he has two kiddos and a wife. Good guy. It’s interesting to see his battle with bi polar disorder throughout his musical career.

If you like Say Anything you will love: The Front Bottoms, Sorority Noise, Two Tongues (Max Bemis side project), La Dispute, The Wonder Years, Into It Over It, Modern Baseball, and You Blew It!

To name a few lol. I have many more bands that all stem from my addiction to Say Anything.

1 Like

Loving The Front Bottoms. I’ll definitely check out the others.
I recall checking out Two Tongues and hating the other guy’s voice though.

You might want to check out You, Me, and Everyone We Know. I believe they’re friends with Say Anything, and Max is in one of their songs. A little more pop-ish, but good band.

They have other, better songs… but I’ll link the one with Max.

1 Like

I’m glad you like the Front Bottoms! My good friend and sorority sister has met them/hung out with them multiple times and says they are super cool guys, as well. She first met them at a show and then they met up when TFB was touring in Scotland while she was interning for Parliament. Really cool. I can’t wait to see them play in Asheville. Trying to get Kelsey to come up so I can have someone to see them with! It’s a very specific kind of music I feel like, and not a lot of people like it.

1 Like

Courtney Barnett

0 Likes

It cracks me up every time when the guy with the deep voice comes in…

0 Likes

1 Like

Heard a shit cover of this on the radio today, decided to crack the original out to flush the abomination from my ears:

Said cover:

I generally really like Disturbed’s covers, but this one can piss off insofar as I’m concerned.

0 Likes

If you liked disturbed even a little bit, their new album is so good. It does have that cover on it but you may like the rest of it.

0 Likes

haha jk

1 Like

Something a bit heavier today…

0 Likes

1 Like

Anything Wynonie Harris right now :smile:

0 Likes

Octopus4 by The Algorithm. It’s got a crazy story written on the inside cover.

0 Likes

95% of all videos in this thread “This music is not aviable in your country due to copyright issues”. Well played Germany.

3 Likes

couple songs I’ve had stuck in my head for about a week.

Comeback Kid - "Wake the Dead"

Point of Recognition - "No One Gets Out Alive"

1 Like