Who's playing what in the new year?

Hey everyone! There’s been some discussion going on in the Lounge regarding future titles that Strats will be supporting, so I wanted to take a moment to explain how titles get supported by Strats (for those who don’t know and are curious) and simultaneously poll the community for interest in upcoming releases.

Essentially, there’s only one element needed for Strats as a community to really get behind a title: you lot! @Vocino, @tommy2118, @therubymug, and myself don’t sit in a dark (online) room pouring over upcoming releases and waving a dictator-like, managerial hand around deciding what Strats will and won’t play, we just listen to y’all; the most important aspect we consider is community interest. If everyone wanted to play Hello Kitty: Island Adventure, despite some mild protest, we’d support everyone’s wishes. The problem is there is an additional aspect we require from within the community when everyone gets gung ho about a title: we love the enthusiasm, but we need leaders willing to step up and take a title or franchise under their proverbial wing.

Often times this isn’t an overly-demanding position and it allows for tons of game-playing (the standards have been posted for some time; for note: feel free to post any inquires or suggestions surrounding them in that thread rather than here, please). The trouble is, as we get into more and more titles and as Strats continues to grow, the Staff can’t manage all the games; we need community members willing to step up and take charge. @Dynamible is a great example with Destiny: he puts all kinds of quality posts up, helps recruit for his title (and the community), and still finds plenty of time to play games around his other, real life responsibilities and obligations. If you’re uncertain about whether or not you could do a good job or handle it, feel free to ask for help. He did, and I can assure you he’s come a long way from our pre-launch situation :wink:

Now, with all that said and done: who’s playing what in the new year?! I’m not doing a proper, forum-function poll because it only allows for one vote and I don’t have a full grasp of all the upcoming releases, but if there’s something you’re passionate about or looking forward to, let the community know; there’s a good chance you’re not alone. As you’re doing so, though, please think about whether or not it’s a title you’d be willing to assist in fostering within Strats. With each title we add, we grow (and we love having more people to play games with and share this wonderful community with) but that also increases the burden of management. The rest of the Staff and I want to see us playing as many games with as many people as possible because we’ve got something special here; help us keep the awesome going and growing by lending a hand :wink:

Right now the only upcoming title that’s definately on my radar is Dying Light; I’m that guy that loves damn near all things zombie and I’ve been waiting most (im)patiently for this game :wink:

I’m excited for Demon Souls 2, Bloodborne and The Order.

There are certainly more than just those, but those 3 have caught my interest for some time.

Dying Light certainly looks cool though.

I’m really looking forward to The Division and think it could be awesome for an awesome clan such as ourselves.

http://forum.strats.co/t/tom-clancys-the-division/3380

I forgot about The Division. It looks stunning. I just hope Ubisoft doesn’t screw it up somehow. They’ve been on a bit of a poor run lately.

I vote yes! <3 Bwahaha

I really love the Strats community and hope someone takes the reins on another project. I Enjoy playing with you guys, it makes any game better. You would be surprised how little time it takes to run a clan. For a game like Destiny, there are a few posts a week and recruitment. Once you get past the initial push you can just sit back and enjoy all the wonderful people you have to play with. I can’t wait to see what someone steps up and creates. I didn’t even use the forums before I volunteered to head Destiny. Anyone can do it and it really pays off, believe me.

Really looking forward to Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm and getting deeper into WoW.

Planetside 2 on ps4. Been waiting forever

"You've bookmarked this post."

Evolve! Still undecided on PC or PS4.

Edit - I’ve also been casually watching Pillars of Eternity for them old school feels.

I’m hoping Bloodborne will pan out in the multiplayer department more than Dragon Age did. I’m trying to figure out a category label color scheme for it still…

keeping on with WoW, Kerbal Space Program, and a few others. Pondering giving Legends of Grimrock a go.

• Bloodborne is probably my most hyped game as of now, I guess I’ll end up buying the re-release of Dark Souls 2 as well. I’m curious to know how much will be added to it.
  • Evolve looks like a hell of a fun game even though I didn’t get any time with the Alpha. If there’s a lot of Strats getting it I’ll pick it up day one.
  • Planetside 2 will be given a big chance. I really enjoyed it at PC release but fell out when I had no one to play with. I hope that people on Strats pick it up, I mean it’s free isn’t it?
  • Hotline Miami 2 will come out in 2015 and I am dying to play that. That was my favorite game a few years ago.
    -Witcher 3 does not need an explanation

I’m trying not to get too excited for some games because it seems like they just push them back.

From what I have read, Planetside 2 was kinda bad until they reworked it to be like the original, with the lattice system and such. My main complaint previously was how hard it was to find an actual battle; I remember dropping into a “hotspot” only to find no one from my faction there. I got shot by a random scrub from the opposition. I logged out, never to return.

Quite a few games that will be on my radar for the upcoming year: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, Dying Light, Star Wars Battlefront, The Division, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, maybe The Order: 1886, No Man’s Sky, and most of all Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Oh and I’m hoping for the Consumer Version of the Oculus Rift, I really want to get my hands on one of those.

It wasn’t too hard to find battles though with the orbit drop system. My problem was that you’d work so hard to take something, move to the next battle and all your work would be undone. It was never ending and nothing was safe… ever

A game that had dropped off my radar but is suddenly back (due to the arrival of a newsletter in my email) is Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade. I had pretty much forgotten about this game. I liked Warhammer Online, though, and I really enjoy 3rd-person action/shooter games.

They have a twitch page and do a broadcasts a few times a month with updates. It’s still really far away though I think, everything they show is so rough looking. It could be really fun, the concept of an entire free to play army is pretty cool (Plus its Orkz… who doesn’t like more dakka and choppy?) Being a huge fan of 40k I want to put my faith in this game…

I am Chaos…Chaos is strong… :wink: