Xmas came early

So a cousin heard of my dilemma and knows how much I use my PC for gaming and keeping in contact with the world. She asked if I had a lap top and I told her yes an old one that is out of date. She then told me she has a few friends at Dell and to find a lap top for gaming and send her a link, so I didn’t think she was serious and I built a laptop from Alienware and sent her the build specs fully expecting her to say it was too much. Today I got an email saying it has been ordered and to expect it after Thanksgiving…I was blown away. Now I know Alienware makes high quality stuff but is a bit expensive and I fully did not think she was going to buy it for me…I thought she wasn’t serious until I got the email. Long story short I am getting a new monster laptop and feel totally humbled and blessed.
I called and said it was too much but she insisted and told me she got a killer deal from her contacts and not to stress. To top it off she is going to pay for another month at the motel for me too. I have been speechless and in shock most of the day so I called back and said I couldn’t, in good conscious, accept both. I was told I am family and she wouldn’t have me on the streets and without a laptop and to shut up and be happy and she loved me. I cried like a slobbering old fool and we hung up. I looked at the invoice and she even added a carrying case and an external USB dvd reader/writer because the one I chose didn’t have an optical drive.
Here’s the specs:

• 17.3 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IGZO IPS Anti-Glare 400-nits Display
  • 6th gen Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, Dynamically Overclocked up to 4.1GHz)
  • 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz (8GBx2)
  • 512GB PCIe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M with 4GB GDDR5
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English
  • Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1

And assorted accessories and swag. Needless to say I am excited to be able to use a pc and humbled and grateful by her generosity. Just wanted to share and say I will be back online gaming soon (if this motel ever fixes the wifi coverage).
I will however miss the opening week of Albion but I will be there eventually.

Holy crap, congrats man, that’s awesome!

That’s awesome big guy. A word of advice: laptops die from heat. That is to say, heat is the #1 killer of computers in general and laptops produce similar heat in a much smaller area. Make sure you keep the surrounding area as dust-free as possible, don’t block the fan ports, use canned air to blow it out regularly, etc. The friends I’ve known who owned gaming laptops (myself included) all lost theirs to heat-related issues at some point; the more studious you are from “go” with preventative maintenance, the longer it’s going to last :wink:

It is when we hit rock bottom that we tend to find out who our real friends are…BAM philosophy

It’s that a batman quote?